Date:      Fri, 31 Dec 1999 13:59:29 +0100 (MET)
From:      Oliver Schonefeld <oschonef@TechFak.Uni-Bielefeld.DE>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   ida driver in -current and eisa bus attachment

i wonder what is happening to the ida driver for comapq's smart array
controller series.
people say the pci version works but the eisa version is not.
in the ida.c file is says:

 * Specific probe routines are in:
 *      pci/ida_pci.c
 *      i386/eisa/ida_eisa.c

but unfortunatly the ida_eisa.c file seems to be missing in the source tree
(i just cvsuped the whole thing).
i did some research at deja and found out, that matthew dodd wrote the eisa
bus attachment and it is downloadabe on his ftp site.
unfortunatly (again) the eisa_add_intr() routine has changed and needs an
additional argument (which happend to be the irq-trigger). i added
EISA_TRIGGER_LEVEL to that call (level is what the controller uses according
to the compaq bios). the kernel compiles but crashes with a trap 12 when
probing ida0.
it crashed in the ida_wait() routine in ida.c while initially trying to
attach the board.
i wonder if anybody else hat such problems and (that would be even better)
has solved them.
i am willing to help in developting this driver but my knowlegde of c is bad
and my kernel programming excperiences are even worse ... :-(

anyways, i hope somebody out there is still working on that thing,
regards,
oliver
And remember: "Life sucks and then you die!"

email: oschonef@techfak.uni-bielefeld.de
       olli@psychopathen.org