Date:      Mon, 4 Sep 2000 15:49:45 EDT
From:      SoftGuitar@aol.com
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   Missing disk controller

   Can anyone help me. I am having a difficult time still getting my FreeBSD
to boot. I get this message.
   "No disk found. Please verify that your disk controller is being properly
probed at boot time"
   I have an IDE disk and my opening messages tell me that it is probing for
a SCSI that I do not even have.......
   How can I change my disk controller to conform to what BSD needs to read
to boot ??........thanks to anyone who has an answer.

Jesse
SoftGuitar@aol.com