Date:      Tue, 01 Dec 2009 01:25:55 +0300
From:      Oleg Baranov <ol@csa.ru>
To:        Andrea Venturoli <ml@netfence.it>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Connecting to a WatchGuard box

Hi!

I've been working with Watchguard 8.3 & 9.0 for some time.
In general it was fine but we've suffered connection recovery problems
after ISP blackouts from time to time.

Here is my section of racoon.conf

remote a.b.c.d
{
        exchange_mode main;

        lifetime time 8 hour ;       # sec,min,hour

    my_identifier fqdn "my.dom.ain";
    peers_identifier fqdn "watchguard.fw.dn";

        initial_contact on;

        proposal {
                encryption_algorithm 3des;
                hash_algorithm sha1;
                authentication_method pre_shared_key;
                dh_group 1;
        }
        proposal_check obey;
}

Setkey and PSK file records are standard as well as gif interfaces setup.
On Watchguard it was Branch Office Gateway and tunnel set up accordingly
to the parameters above...