Date:      Thu, 11 May 1995 00:52:23 +0200 (MET DST)
From:      roberto@blaise.ibp.fr (Ollivier Robert)
To:        jkh@freefall.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        roberto@keltia.freenix.fr, freebsd-current@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Pkg_info and friends

> You need the latest mk files and tar to use the pkg_install suite
> as it currently stands, though there's also a big in pkg_info which
> I'll go look at now..  Thanks for reminding me!

But when you do a "make all install" in a ports subdirectory, it installs
the pkg/* files in /var/db/pkg. And I don't have a tarball yet !

Where will pkg_info take its information if not in /var/db/pkg ? It should
first look into the db directory and take the information elsewhere if the
package is not installed. You can't force people to keep tarballs around
when they've been installed. Or am I missing something ?

--
Ollivier ROBERT     -=- The daemon is FREE! -=-     roberto@FreeBSD.ORG
FreeBSD keltia 2.0-BUILT-19950503 #3: Wed May  3 19:53:04 MET DST 1995