Date:      Tue, 26 Oct 1999 15:55:43 +0800
From:      "Cheng Hong" <hcheng@psl.com.sg>
To:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   RE:panic: cant mount root

Hi,
     I got some problems with the bootup here.
     I installed FreeBSD3.2 on a PC with two SCSI hard disks. The disk with
FreeBSD is numbered SCSI#02, and the other disk SCSI#0 is using WindowsNT.
The bootup device of the SCSI manager has be changed to 02.
    When booting, the kernel is loaded, and then an error "Panic: cant mount
root" appears. I have checked the FAQ, but the first solution listed there
seems cannot work. There is no "Boot:" prompt during the bootup process.
And I am also wondering how the command "l:wd(2,a)kernel" should be modified
to apply to SCSI hard disks.
      Your prompt reply is appreciated.

        BR
    Cheng