Date:      Sun, 20 Apr 1997 19:04:02 -0500
From:      Jonathan Lemon <jlemon@americantv.com>
To:        John Hay <jhay@zibbi.mikom.csir.co.za>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Some doscmd keyboard fixes

On Apr 04, 1997 at 07:54:08PM +0200, John Hay wrote:
> work (I use it for 80188 embedded code). Now if I can get my EPROM
> programmer to work, I don't need to go to DOS anymore. :-)
>
> What are the issues involved to access certain ports directly? For
> example to get my EPROM programmer to work.
>
> Is there kernel patches for -current somewhere? My machine at home
> is running -current and I would really like to play with it there.

I'm merging the vm86 stuff with -current.  I have the code integrated
with the new upages layout in -current, as well as permitting controlled
access to the full range of the I/O port space.  I also have the VME
(Virtual Mode Extensions) working, for the most part, as well as a few
other changes.

The downside is, it doesn't work perfectly.  Executing some DOS programs
will wedge the machine, requiring a break into DDB and some mucking
around to recover the machine.  Unfortunately, I don't forsee having
any real free time to work on this for another 2-3 weeks.
--
Jonathan