Date:      Sun, 27 Aug 2023 20:34:19 -0700
From:      Pete Wright <pete@nomadlogic.org>
To:        freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   zfs autotrim default to off now

looking at a recent pull of CURRENT i'm noticing this in the git logs:

#15079 set autotrim default to 'off' everywhere

which references this openzfs PR:
https://github.com/openzfs/zfs/pull/15079

looking at the PR i'm not seeing a reference to a bug report or anything, is
anyone able to point me to a bug report for this.  it seems like a pretty major
issue:
"As it turns out having autotrim default to 'on' on FreeBSD never really worked
due to mess with defines where userland and kernel module were getting different
default values (userland was defaulting to 'off', module was thinking it's
'on')."

i'd just like to make sure i better understand the issue and can see if my
systems are impacted.

thanks!
-pete

--