Date:      Thu, 24 Sep 2020 11:24:47 +0200
From:      Niclas Zeising <zeising+freebsd@daemonic.se>
To:        monochrome <monochrome@twcny.rr.com>, freebsd-current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: geeqie, and neverball build problem on 13-current

On 2020-09-24 11:17, monochrome wrote:
> Not sure how long this has been a problem, I noticed with the new
> version of geeqie (geeqie-devel builds fine) and found the neverball
> problem when rebuilding all packages to investigate. neverball output
> changes with consecutive build attempts, geeqie does not.

This is related to the update of llvm to 11.  With this update, builds
are by default using -fno-common, which means global variables cannot
exist in multiple places.  gcc 10 has the same default.  A quick fix is
to add -fcommon to CFLAGS, but the proper fix is to update the
application source to only have the variable in one place.
Regards
--
Niclas