Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 06:16:52 +0200
From:      "Siegbert Baude" <Siegbert.Baude@gmx.de>
To:        "nospam" <lantech@alaska.net>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Fatal Trap 12 (roboot)

Hello,

> Sunday  I received a 'Fatal Trap 12' and had a spontaneous reboot on a
> 4.1.1-Stable box.  During this  time I was playing some mp3's and
> compiling a port.
>
> Can anyone tell me what a 'Fatal Trap 12' is?

Everytime I read this on the list, people pointed to buggy hardware,
especially RAM. Heat problems, maybe? You should give us more information
about your system.

> dmesg shows this error occurs at at startup

> isa0  too many dependent configs (8)
> isa0  unexpected small tag 14

It means you have an AWE Soundblaster, am I right? Donīt bother these
messages wonīt harm you and are unrelated to your Fatal Error.

Ciao
Siegbert