Date:      Mon, 18 Jan 1999 17:15:42 -0600
From:      Don Read <sysop@calcasieu.com>
To:        "Chad Thunberg" <chadth@atvideo.com>
Cc:        <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: HP Laserjet 5M

back on 12:35 PM 1/18/99 -0800, you said:
>I am attempting to setup a freebsd 2.2.8 printer server that will handle
>spooling for a HP laserjet 5m.  I understand that fbsd doesn't support
>printers that are directly on the network via tcp/ip well.

??? not sure what you mean ...

                                                           If you have set
>up a fbsd print server for a hp laserjet 5m, I would appreciate any input
>you have.

/etc/printcap:

arlsr_raw|AR Laser raw:\
        :lp=:rm=arlsr:rp=raw:sd=/var/spool/lpd/arlsr/raw:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:ff=:sh:
arlsr|arlsr_text|AR Laser text:\
        :lp=:rm=arlsr:rp=text:sd=/var/spool/lpd/arlsr/text:\
        :lf=/var/log/lpd-errs:sh:

Regards,
--
Don Read                               sysop@calcasieu.com