Date:      Thu, 29 Mar 2012 16:18:06 +0200
From:      "O. Hartmann" <ohartman@mail.zedat.fu-berlin.de>
To:        Current FreeBSD <freebsd-current@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Using TMPFS for /tmp and /var/run?

--------------enig0D51AADCEDC563595301A38A

I was wondering if there are some objections using TMPFS for /tmp and
/var/run.
I figured out some problems with some rc.d scripts when using TMPFS for
/var/run, samba and OpenLDAP do store some informations like PID in a
subfolder of their own in /var/run, but the rc.d scripts are not
checking properly the existence of the appropritae folder (unlike "dbus"
and "hald", they check properly!).

I already submitted two PRs, but for SAMBA, my "hack" is trivial and
obviously to clumsy, so it should be check properly.

My question is whether there are objections using TMPFS for bot /tmp/
and /var/run/ at this stage on FreeBSD 10.0-CURRENT/amd64?

Regards,
Oliver