Date:      Mon, 4 Jun 2001 16:30:55 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Andrew Gallatin <gallatin@cs.duke.edu>
To:        Mark Nipper <nipsy@tamu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: SCSI devices settling and illegal request

Mark Nipper writes:
 > 	Probably not.  For some reason, there's one SCSI
 > connector on board for one of the NCR53C810's (seemingly),
 > because the CD-ROM shows up on hose1 on a(n) NCR53C810 and it's
 > plugged directly into this slot.  I could remove the NCR/DECchip

Hmm.  What really matters is if the ncr/sym controller that the cdrom
is connected to is a child of "MCPCIA PCI Adapter" 0 (pcib0).  This
may be different than the SRM numbers things.  I dunno.

I think I'll pass since I've never even seen one of these & defer to
the platform's maintainer.

Matt?

Drew