Date:      Sun, 9 Jan 2000 09:42:34 -0800
From:      Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold <postmaster@paganlibrary.com>
To:        R Joseph Wright <rjoseph@nwlink.com>, freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: two cvsup problems

Same situation here untill I set /etc/rc.conf with:

hostname="gunnar.my.domain"

and /etc/hosts got this entry:

127.0.0.1	localhost localhost.my.domain myname.my.domain
192.168.0.0	gunnar.my.domain gunnar

This cleared it up.

On Sat, 08 Jan 2000, R Joseph Wright wrote:
> Problem #1:
> I've used cvsup a number of times successfully to update  my sources as
> well as the ports collection.  Last time I updated the ports I got a
> bunch of weird files with a *,v extension.  I can't make any ports now.
>
> Problem #2:
> Since my last ports update when I run cvsup I get this error message:
>
> Cannot get IP address of my own host -- is its hostname correct?
>
> I don't have a static IP address, I use a dialup account.  Where does
> the program go to look for my IP address?  Does it even need it?  If
> not, what can I modify to keep it from looking for it?
> Thanks in advance.
>
> --
> Best Regards, Joseph
>
> 	You will do foolish things,
>      but do them with enthusiasm.  Colette.

I used to be self-actualized, now I'm just confused.

Gunnar H Reichert-Weygold
The Pagan Library
http://www.paganlibrary.com