Date:      Mon, 21 Feb 2005 23:05:46 +1100
From:      "Edward Hwang" <hwang_edward@hotmail.com>
To:        freebsd-newbies@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD 5.3 for AMD64 vs i386 version

Hi, all.

I would like to tell about my experience about FreeBSD.
Recent few weeks, I've been playing with AMD64 for 5.3-release.

I found that there are siginificant difference between i386 and AMD64.
Here is following;
1.No sound card driver available in AMD64 whereas i386.
2. ACPI disabled is asked (if you are using Nvidia mainboard chip, then you
need to disable ACPI)
3. LINUX compability option avaiable in i386
4. More wireless PC card is supported.

Overall, I think i386 version is superior to AMD64 version.. I am not sure
for the performance between 32bit and 64bit OS makes difference