Date:      Mon, 29 Oct 2012 14:00:52 +0100
From:      Luca Ferrari <fluca1978@infinito.it>
To:        freebsd-fs@freebsd.org
Subject:   vop setattr and secure levels

Hi all,
I'm trying to undertsand the path to some low level file operations,
with particular regard to where and when the secure level is checked.
While digging the code I found that there is an operation in the vop
operation structure that is named vop_setattr which is often referred
to an operation that will be called by a lot of syscalls related to
file system operations. I'd like to understand when and how such
operation is called, since I cannot find any direct reference in, for
instance, the ufs implementation. I suspect it is a general routine
called by the kernel itself somewhere I cannot find.

I've tried to post the same question on the freebsd forums, but
without any reply, so I believe that this mailing list can give me
some hints.

Thanks,
Luca