Date:      Tue, 31 Oct 2006 00:20:51 +0100
From:      Ronald Paul <ronald@jesdesign.nl>
To:        Cristian Mijea <cristian.mijea@gmail.com>
Cc:        Lowell Gilbert <freebsd-questions-local@be-well.ilk.org>, freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Instable machine; hardware or not?

Cristian Mijea wrote:

>> Yes, it's probably a hardware problem, and yes, it will probably be
>> hard to prove that.  Assuming your time has some value, I would
>> recommend replacing the whole machine; that way, you can have it set
>> up and tested before moving it out on location.
>
> If the server can work "rock-solid" for a week, I would look at the
> heat factor and also try a new clean install.
> Anyway if time is a factor a new machine is probably a good idea.

An offline-replier advised me to look at the power supply. And since
that's relatively easy to do and cheap, I'll go with that first. It now
has a 300 watt no-name PSU for less then €30,-.

I've played with the thought (sorry for this Dutch English) of a second
machine (this time in a datacenter closer to where I live :-) ) since
it's the easiest way to upgrade everything without any downtime. Anyway,
thanks for your advices!

--
Met vriendelijke groet,
Ronald Paul