Date:      Fri, 23 May 2003 16:56:23 -0400
From:      Tom Rhodes <trhodes@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Marc Fonvieille <blackend@FreeBSD.org>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: docs/52547: [patch] Cleanup of laptop article

On Fri, 23 May 2003 22:51:24 +0200
Marc Fonvieille <blackend@freebsd.org> wrote:

> On Fri, May 23, 2003 at 02:06:57PM -0400, Tom Rhodes wrote:
> > On Fri, 23 May 2003 20:06:28 +0200

> > > Hmm, from following the this mailling list I got the impression that the
> > > section id tags was a good idea on all books/articles, since it makes
> > > sensible filenames when doing html-split output ?
> >
> > I'm going to agree with ceri (and keramida?) about this.  Personally,
> > I think using id attributes in articles is a Good Thing&trade;.
> >

> I think for a short article, id attributes could be in some ways
> useless since it's more annoying to read the html-split than the plain
> one... :)

Let me be anal for just a second (no comments, and stop laughing).

Define ``short'' article.  Do you mean more than x paragraphs long,
or fewer than x number of printed pages?

I agree with you that some articles/book sections could be beefed up
a little with better and more robust descriptions.  Well, the
Personalizing Users section (8.8 in the handbook) could probably
be removed entirely.  The only thing it does is point users over
to the localization chapter.  Yet, perhaps thats a bikeshed that
should be avoided.  Weird people live in that shed, yo.

--
Tom Rhodes