Date:      Sat, 11 Mar 2000 12:11:50 +0000 (GMT)
From:      Didier Derny <didier@omnix.net>
To:        Warner Losh <imp@village.org>
Cc:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Is FreeBSD dead ?

On Fri, 10 Mar 2000, Warner Losh wrote:

> In message <Pine.BSF.3.96.1000310105527.20209A-100000@omnix.net> Didier Derny writes:
> : I've been using FreeBSD since August 1994 (FreeBSD 1.1.5.1)
>
> I think you are wrong.  Dead wrong.  This will allow the WC to pump
> more money into the FreeBSD organization to fix some of the glaring
> problems that we have now.
>
> Warner

I hope I'm totally wrong and that FreeBSD will continue as it was before

but the experience I've had in the past makes me think the worse.

yesterday I've already had a phone call from a client asking me what
I thought about OpenBSD/NetBSD (as replacement for FreeBSD)

some friends called me too with the same concern.

It is clear that I was planning to use FreeBSD 4.0 at home (to replace
FreeBSD 3.x in the future) and that know I'll try NetBSD/OpenBSD/Linux

the worse is that some clients are already reproaching me to use FreeBSD
instead of Linux...

--
Didier Derny
didier@omnix.net