Date:      Wed, 31 Oct 2012 14:49:36 +0100
From:      Pietro Cerutti <gahr@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Joseph a Nagy Jr <jnagyjr1978@gmail.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD Ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: tk85 Port Maintenance

--iFRdW5/EC4oqxDHL

On 2012-Oct-31, 08:36, Joseph a Nagy Jr wrote:
> On 10/31/12 08:24, Chris Rees wrote:
> > On 31 October 2012 13:03, Joseph a Nagy Jr <jnagyjr1978@gmail.com> wrot=
e:
> >> Hi All,
> >>
> >> I'd like to volunteer to maintain the tk85 port. I've already begun
> >> making updates to the Makefile[0] in a workbench directory and have a
> >> working update to it. All changes were due to feedback from portlint.
> >> Any and all feedback would be appreciated.
> >=20
> > I've set you as maintainer.
> >=20
> >> [0]: http://pastebin.com/6DuzdAzv
> >=20
> > Did you check with Martin Matuska that he's OK with removing the
> > attribution lines?
>=20
> I was being helped with this by a gentleman on FreeNode in ##copyfree
> (s/he's also in ##freebsd (trout)). If that's not acceptable practice I
> can undo it.
>=20
> I've emailed Martin about another port (tk-wrapper) and have yet to
> receive a response. I was wanting to not send another email if the first
> was unwelcome. I'll check with him asap.
>=20
> > Why are you using LIB_DEPENDS instead of USE_TCL?
>=20
> It was in the original Makefile and saw no reason to change it. I can
> make that change though.
>=20
> > Check it's not a master port before you remove the ? from COMMENT too.
> <snip>
>=20
> 10-4.

Please be informed that I have in the pipeline some work on Tcl/Tk ports,
including removal of the -thread slaves.

Having said that, I don't have any major concerns about you taking
maintainership of tk85, apart from the technical details pointed out by
Chris, and I have not looked at the patch very carefully, but if you're
going to touch the Tcl ports as well, I'd like the two of us to
collaborate and sync work. Are you also interested in taking lang/tcl85?

Thanks!

--=20
Pietro Cerutti
The FreeBSD Project