Date:      Sat, 20 Aug 2005 12:49:17 -0700
From:      Murray Stokely <murray@freebsdmall.com>
To:        Bart Thijssen <bartthijssen@telenet.be>
Cc:        freebsd-www@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Contribution as webmaster

On Sat, Aug 20, 2005 at 04:02:38PM +0200, Bart Thijssen wrote:
> I want to contribute as a webmaster for FreeBSD.

As an open source project, we're always interested in submitted
improvements to our website.  The code for our website is maintained
as SGML and XML files that are translated to HTML with SGML
normalizers and XSLT stylesheets.  All of the code is available in CVS
and people usually begin to get involved by submitting new
enhancements to the website as patches.

Be aware than Emily Boyd is in the middle of a substantial redesign of
the website.  You can review the mailing list archives for this list
from docs.freebsd.org for more information about that.  You can also
learn about CVS and how to download a local copy of the website to
make modifications from www.freebsd.org.

	- Murray