Date:      24 Nov 1999 12:28:11 -0800
From:      Matt Braithwaite <matt@braithwaite.net>
To:        freebsd-mobile@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   STRIP (was Re: richochet modems)

On Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:09:08 -0800, Randy Bush <randy@psg.com> said:

> i just run userland ppp and it cooks

Not that it's especially relevant, but:  is anybody interested in
running STRIP under FreeBSD?  I ported the NetBSD driver and it's been
working fine for me.

(STRIP is Starmode Radio IP---you use the Ricochet network to talk
directly to other radios, one of which may be connected to a router
that's attached to the Internet somewhere.  It's nice because (a) you
don't have to use Metricom's Internet connectivity, and (b) you don't
have to pay all the penalties of PPP mode, like lengthy connection
setup and a changed IP address when it drops.  The original work was
done by Stuart Cheshire at Stanford; the NetBSD port is due to
Jonathan Stone, also at Stanford.)

--
Matt Braithwaite                        Here in my car, I can only receive.