Date:      Thu, 23 Dec 1999 08:03:23 +0100
From:      Andreas Klemm <andreas@klemm.gtn.com>
To:        current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   fsck successfull on checking root-fs but OS still can't mount it

Hi !

I'm seeing strange behaviour of fsck in -current.
FreeBSD titan.klemm.gtn.com 4.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 4.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Dec 22 07:07:11 CET 1999     root@:/usr/src/sys/compile/TITAN  i386

SCSI bus hang, so I had to reboot. fsck checked every filesystem.
But then mount was unable to mount the filesystem and tells you to
check the fs using fsck. Did that again, nothing changed.
You have to reboot.

I was bitten by that 3 times.

Another thing are the (I assume SCSI) hangs I got 3 times since
I upgraded from 3.4-STABLE to -current. Next time I'll write down
the messages. Two times the messages were hidden by another X Window.
Nothing in /var/log/messages.

--
Andreas Klemm                                  http://www.FreeBSD.ORG/~andreas
                                     http://www.freebsd.org/~fsmp/SMP/SMP.html