Date:      Fri, 05 Dec 1997 19:04:20 -0800
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        Philippe Regnauld <regnauld@deepo.prosa.dk>
Cc:        Terry Lambert <tlambert@primenet.com>, ports@FreeBSD.ORG, current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: 3.0 -release ?

> > I like this.  I think that there should be coordination with the
> > OpenBSD and NetBSD folks to make sure they are usable "out of the box"
> > for them as well.  It could become simply "The BSD ports collection".
>
> 	YES!  I definitely agree with this idea -- since OpenBSD already
> 	uses the ports...  Having a common set of CD's / archives that

This would be nice, but I'd also have to *test* these packages on
those platforms or at least cooperate closely with someone from each
camp to do so, and frankly that's a lot more extra work than I feel
comfortable signing up for.

Again, it "would be nice", I'm not disputing that, I'm simply saying
that if we don't keep our goalset small, at least for the first couple
of iterations of this, then we won't get it done for any of the *BSDs
(including FreeBSD).

					Jordan