Date:      Wed, 14 Jun 2006 11:13:08 +0200
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org, ports@freebsd.org, current@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: HEADS-UP: new dummy syscalls for linuxolator -> new console messages

Quoting Divacky Roman <xdivac02@stud.fit.vutbr.cz> (from Wed, 14 Jun =20
2006 09:55:09 +0200):

> On Tue, Jun 13, 2006 at 09:11:30PM +0200, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I just committed some dummy syscalls to the linuxolator in current. The
>> only purpose of them is to moan if a linux program wants to use an
>> unimplemented syscall. So if you use a linux program and you see some
>> emulation@ (F-up set). Please provide
>>  - ls -1 /var/db/pkg | grep linux
>>  - the program you are using
>>  - the message from the console
>>
>> This will help us to determine the priority in which unimplemented
>> syscalls have to be implemented.
>
> I doubt anyone will see any messages unless he/she sets  =20
> compat.linux.osrelease
> to something higher then 2.6.16

Which is not recommended except you don't mind running into bugs and =20
getting coredumps from some programs. We know about this and Roman is =20
working on it, so we're not interested in such reports, in case =20
someone tries this. We're only interested in reports about use of not =20
implemented syscalls. In case someone plays with the osrelease sysctl, =20
please tell us about it when submitting reports about unimplemented =20
stuff.

> still.. if something was printed we appreciate that info

Yes, I want to see which sysctl's (and other stuff like ioctl's) may =20
be used _now_ but are not implemented.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20
Selling GoodYear Eagle F1 235/40ZR18, 2x 4mm + 2x 5mm, ~150 EUR
you have to pick it up between Germany/Saarland and Luxembourg/Capellen
http://www.Leidinger.net    Alexander @ Leidinger.net: PGP ID =3D B0063FE7
http://www.FreeBSD.org       netchild @ FreeBSD.org  : PGP ID =3D 72077137