Date:      Sun, 22 Jan 2012 12:20:23 -0600
From:      cliftonr@volcano.org
To:        Michael BlackHeart <amdmiek@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: global make -s

On 22.01.2012 07:54, Michael BlackHeart wrote:
> Hello, I'd like to know is there any good way to implement make -s
> behaivor as a default, 'cos in man make.conf & examplet/etc/make.conf
> there's no anything about it. In most cases I just don't want to see
> echo output of make. I've added an alias to .cshrc like this^
>
> alias make      make -s \!:1
>
> but I don't know could be there any negativity. Any advices?

You can set MAKEFLAGS=-s in your shell environment, or add -s to
whatever
other value you're using for MAKEFLAGS.

IMHO, this would be a fine thing in a universe where everything would
always go right; in our own universe, I doubt that this is a good idea
because when things do go wrong you won't have any context for it.

   -- Clifton

--
    Clifton Royston  --  cliftonr@iandicomputing.com /
cliftonr@volcano.org