Date:      Tue, 10 Oct 2000 16:41:21 -0500
From:      "Jeffrey J. Mountin" <jeff-ml@mountin.net>
To:        ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   port change oddities

Hey all,

Just a few things to point out after all the changes that I noticed during
a CVSup, which didn't take that long with a pre-modified tree circa
4.1.1-R.  There were only a few files that I couldn't guess where they
would end up, so just left them.

The following ports are missing a Makefile and am not sure if this is by
design or not:

graphics/gyvefigs/
graphics/gyvegui/
graphics/gyvekernel/
math/rng/
misc/gweather/
misc/gyvescm/
net/dnscache/
x11/gtik/
x11-toolkits/gtk10/
x11-toolkits/qt21/

Not sure why but the following were deleted:

lang/snobol/README.html
security/seahorse/README.html
sysutils/obliterate/README.html

Also noticed pkg/* files that had an upper case substring (other than
PLIST) were converted to lower case.  Not sure if by design or as a matter
of expedience, but here is the list:

./graphics/gimp-manual-html/pkg-PLIST_HTML
./graphics/gimp-manual-html/pkg-PLIST_PDF
./graphics/gimp-manual-html/pkg-PLIST_PS
./lang/modula-3-lib/pkg-PLIST.noX11
./lang/modula-3/pkg-PLIST.noX11
./lang/python+ipv6/pkg-PLIST.Tools
./lang/python-beta/pkg-PLIST.Tools
./lang/python/pkg-PLIST.Tools
./lang/python15/pkg-PLIST.Tools
./security/heimdal/pkg-PLIST.KRB4
./security/heimdal/pkg-PLIST.X11
./security/ssh/pkg-PLIST.X11
./sysutils/nut/pkg-PLIST.CGI
./sysutils/nut/pkg-PLIST.DOC
./textproc/ispell/pkg-PLIST.AM
./textproc/ispell/pkg-PLIST.BR
./textproc/ispell/pkg-PLIST.BRITISH
./textproc/ispell/pkg-PLIST.DEALT
./textproc/ispell/pkg-PLIST.DENEU
./textproc/ispell/pkg-PLIST.FR
./textproc/ispell/pkg-PLIST.NO
./textproc/ispell/pkg-PLIST.SE

In most case I doubt this matters, but "noX11" looks better than "nox11" IMO.

Considering these and other oddities that had to be addressed it was one
hell of an effort.  Along with all the past work, not sure the collection
would be the same should the Wraith be haunting elsewhere.  Not to slight
the others that have made great efforts to streamline the collections
functionality.

Would have gotten to this sooner, but was bitten by the ahc bug in -stable.
<shrug>

Ah yes, the lists do not include non-English ports and if there is still an
issue with synchroniztion, cvsup8 was used.

Time to rebuild everything...

Jeff Mountin - jeff@mountin.net
Systems/Network Administrator
FreeBSD - the power to serve