Date:      Fri, 5 Oct 2012 22:07:40 -0700
From:      Jason Helfman <jgh@FreeBSD.org>
To:        Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: New OPTIONS structure - deselect all

On Fri, Oct 5, 2012 at 8:52 PM, Paul Schmehl <pschmehl_lists@tx.rr.com>wrote:

> I'm working on updating the barnyard2 port, and I'm changing the port to
> use the new OPTIONS structure.  It seems no matter what I do, the first
> port OPTION is automatically selected.
>
> I've tried OPTIONS_DEFAULT=, OPTIONS_DEFAULT= none, and not using
> OPTIONS_DEFAULT at all.  I do not want the first OPTION selected.  I want
> them all deselected so the person installing can choose the appropriate
> ones for their situation.
>
> What's the secret sauce for this?  I've looked through bsd.options.mk,
> but I can't see it.
>
> Paul Schmehl, Senior Infosec Analyst
> As if it wasn't already obvious, my opinions
> are my own and not those of my employer.
> "

If you want no option selected, you would define them all, and set nothing
for OPTIONS_DEFAULT

Here is an example.

OPTIONS_SET=  OPTION1 OPTION2
OPTIONS1_DESC= My first option
OPTIONS2_DESC= My second option

.if ${PORT_OPTIONS:MOPTION1}
do something
.endif

Additionally, the documentation on Options in the Handbook has been updated
and should be helpful, as well. If it isn't we can clean it up.
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/books/porters-handbook/book.html#AEN2666

HTH

-jgh

--
Jason Helfman          | FreeBSD Committer
jgh@FreeBSD.org     | http://people.freebsd.org/~jgh  | The Power to Serve