Date:      Fri, 4 Aug 2000 17:45:45 +0100
From:      Mark Knight <markk@knigma.org>
To:        freebsd-isdn@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: hangup bug in i4b / ppp code

Whilst I have not had the opportunity to perform a good investigation, I
also have some (perhaps similar), odd behaviour with user ppp/i4b (AVM
PCI).

In my case, often when I disconnect, I find that without a reboot I have
trouble using one or both of the B channels for subsequent calls.

For example, if I pick up two analogue phones, connected via a TA, I get
no dial tone on one of them. If I busy one analogue line, I can not
establish new connections with PPP, or my router. It's as if the
previous connection has not been released correctly.

Just using my router I have no problem. It's only when I use i4b that
these problems occur.

Sorry - not much use without any log files - but I haven't quite worked
out how to reliably reproduce the problem - it doesn't happen every
time, but only a reboot clears the problem. Even removing the ISDN
connection for a few seconds from the PC does not help.
--
Mark Knight                       PGP Public Key: finger mkn@knigma.org