Date:      Tue, 08 Jan 2002 16:30:26 -0500
From:      "David Alderman (Earthlink)" <dwald@earthlink.net>
To:        Scott <scottro@nyc.rr.com>
Cc:        Erik Moe <emoe@mmcable.com>, hardware@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: KVM switch problems and FreeBSD

Scott an Eric,

I have a Belkin Omniview KVM and have had similar problems.  The older
Omniview does not support scroll mice at all.  The PS/2 mouse support is
somewhat flaky too as I used to get mouse hangups when switching between
a Windows box,  Linux, and FreeBSD.  Currently, I can only use it with a
serial mouse in Microsoft mouse mode.

Incidentally,  the Belkin boxes appear to be made by Aten which also
sells under the name IOGear.  If you don't mind white instead of black
cases you can often save a buck or two.