Date:      Thu, 16 Dec 2004 02:33:35 -0500
From:      Chuck Swiger <cswiger@mac.com>
To:        Edwin Groothuis <edwin@mavetju.org>
Cc:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Security Exploits found in FreeBSD 4.10's ports tree.

Edwin Groothuis wrote:
[ ... ]
> Another reason not to compile assembler sourcecode you get mailed
> from unknown sources with devel/nasm: I always knew it would bite
> me in the ankles!

Heh heh...

Although, if you connect your program to a really good source of Brownian
motion^W^W ...err, entropy, like what happens when you feed undergrad students
to the program (or vice versa?), unexpected changes in probability will occur,
and you might actually find yourself using nasm as your email postprocessor.

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that's not too far from what SpamAssassin and its
Bayesian word-munger thingy already is doing to spam email.  Bah!  Only
difference is that SPAM can't even be trusted to be a decent source of entropy....

--
-Chuck

"Probability ratio 1:1.  We have achieved normality.
Whatever you can't deal with is now therefore your own problem."