Date:      Sat, 20 Oct 2001 22:56:06 +0000
From:      Yoriaki FUJIMORI <fujimori@grafin.fujimori.cache.waseda.ac.jp>
To:        freebsd-alpha@freebsd.org
Subject:   4.4R on up1100 software reboot hangs

Dear folks,
Sometime ago, I posted the above topic here.
I picked up one error line in the middle of software reboot:
it says

ata-0master: ata_command timeout waiting for intr
identify failed
ata-1slave:  ata_command time out waiting for intr
identify failed

Up1100's ata interface is UDMA66.  I connect one Seagate BarracudaIV 40GB
disk to ata0-master, and 32x ide cdrom to ata1-slave.

When I do the hardware reboot, this never happenes; the system
can boot normally.
I guess this might be a sort of timing problem.

Yoriaki