Date:      Mon, 6 Aug 2012 09:08:36 -0400
From:      Bill Crisp <bcrisp@crispernetworks.com>
To:        James <james@hicag.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org, Xin Li <delphij@delphij.net>
Subject:   Re: CVE-2012-0217 Intel's sysret Kernel Privilege Escalation and FreeBSD 6.2/6.3

Thanks for the patch!

I gave it a try on a few servers, and saw a big increase in load on the
servers, most of the load comes from apache under normal circumstances and
it that load did go up a lot.  I had to roll back the patched kernel and
the load went back to what it normally is.  Did you experience anything
similar on any servers?  On a server where the load was ~1 it went up with
what seemed to be the same number of requests to something like ~6 or so on
a single core servers.  Ones that had higher load already also went up
considerably.  Any ideas on what I might be able to do?

Let me know if you have a chance.