Date:      Mon, 21 Aug 95 22:15:44 MDT
From:      terry@cs.weber.edu (Terry Lambert)
To:        jkh@time.cdrom.com (Jordan K. Hubbard)
Cc:        current@freefall.FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: Of slices and boot code..

> Would it be reasonable to assume that our current boot code will never
> have a chance of dealing with the root partition via a "slice?"

No.  That's just an implementation detail.

It's a trivial change, even in the current code.

I hate the idea of "partitions" vs. "slices".  The terminology has become
extremely muddied, which is probably the root of your callers' confusion.
Device names are rarely visible enough to cause questions.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@cs.weber.edu
---
or previous employers.