Date:      Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:26:23 +0100
From:      Richard Tector <richardtector@thekeelecentre.com>
To:        Csaba Urban <ucsaba@freemail.hu>
Cc:        freebsd-net@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VLAN Bridge with layer2 filtering

Csaba Urban wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I have a number of users on a VLAN enabled switch - each users on his
>own VLAN. They have fixed IP address sharing the same IP subnet and
>gateway.

Another option instead of using VLANs is to enable port security. This
of course depends on it being supported by your switch, for Cisco, see
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_configuration_guide_chapter09186a00800d84c2.html#xtocid3
for example.
You simply enable it on all your ports, and leave all the users on the
same VLAN. This would also get around any issues with VLANs on the em
driver.

Hope that's of some help.

On a sidenote, you shouldn't have any issues pushing 100mbit through
that system with good cards like Intels. I have a Celeron 1.3 here that
routes 100mbit traffic no problem.

Regards,

Richard Tector