Date:      Mon, 14 Dec 1998 22:13:09 +0100 (CET)
From:      Manuel Enrique Garcia Cuesta <megarcia@intercom.es>
To:        Brian Somers <brian@Awfulhak.org>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Both PAP & login ??

El 26-Nov-98 a la(s) 18:28:34 Brian Somers escribia:
>>         Hullo,
>>
>>         A bit out of topic, but one of the Spanish nation wide carriers
>> is changing its system for accessing ISPs and it turns out that, in the
>> new system, they are using both PAP and login _at a time_ to authenticate
>> the calling user. Is this "normal" ?
>
> No - it's a bit Irish (to be sure to be sure).
>
>>                                                         Manuel Garcia
>
> [Don't flame - I'm Irish!]

        Guess what I found out, I have just been playing with kernel ppp
and I not only don't need the login thing here, but I must necessarily
take it off also. Any suggestion ?   My ISP says the carrier's system can
accept both authentication methods, but it should not ask for a login if I
supply the PAP strings.

> --
> Brian <brian@Awfulhak.org>, <brian@FreeBSD.org>, <brian@OpenBSD.org>
>       <http://www.Awfulhak.org>;
> Don't _EVER_ lose your sense of humour....

                                                           Manuel Garcia