Date:      Thu, 8 Nov 2001 00:17:34 +0700
From:      Eugene Grosbein <eugen@grosbein.pp.ru>
To:        stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: dummynet requires pseudo-device ether (?)

On Wed, Nov 07, 2001 at 04:46:12PM +0100, Holger Kipp wrote:

> Assuming that your kernel config file is correct (or was before your

It was producing running kernel

> latest cvsup) I'd suggest you try the usual
>
> > > And generally, when you have a buildworld failure,
> > >
> > >   # cvsup -L2 -g your-supfile
> > >   # rm -rf /usr/obj/usr

That was done

> > >   # cd /usr/src
> > >   # make cleandir && make cleandir

It seems that make cleandir is useless if obj directory was erased completely.
Anyway, I tried this and nothing changed.

> as some people including me had similar problems with the linux-
> part during  make buildkernel <KERNEL>

It fact, I looked into source and believe that dummynet code depends
of ether code in recent STABLE. Is it supposed behavour now? It was not.

Eugene Grosbein