Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 22:18:07 -0500 (EST)
From:      "Christopher R. Bowman" <crb@ChrisBowman.com>
To:        "David E. O'Brien" <obrien@NUXI.com>
Cc:        Dale Walker <dale@icr.com.au>, "Robert S. Sciuk" <rob@ControlQ.com>, freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Freeloading FreeBSD for Free -- NOT!

On Mon, 15 Dec 1997, David E. O'Brien wrote:

>> > Is there an authoritative voice here to indicate the current state of
>> > the project,
>
>> Is there a core member guiding this effort?? I hope so... I'm sure pretty
>> soon that they will make an announcement - please....
>
>At this point in time, there are no core members involved in this (that I
>know of).  I will let the "main man" announce himself.
>

>> > Running Kernel to start with??
>
>Nope.
>

>> what can be provide (ie FAQ's, current kernel src tree, etc, etc)
>..snip..
>> will this be developed hand in hand with i386 FreeBSD, or will it be a
>> separate entity (at least until out of alpha)??
>
>Source tree organization and distribution has yet to be figured out.
>

>> What resources do we need to set up: suggestions....
>> 1. FAQ on FreeBSD-sparc
>
>Good idea.  So what are the frequently asked questions?
>(email me and I can start that list).
>
>> 3. FTP'ible source tree
>
>Come now.  We can do better than FTP. :-)  We, FreeBSD, are the inventors
>of CVSup.
>
>> 4. Web Pages??
>
>I guess we could hang them off of www.freebsd.org.
>
>--
>-- David    (obrien@NUXI.com  -or-  obrien@FreeBSD.org)
>            James says:  "Grad school sucks."

I would suggest that as a first step we should compile a list of documents
pointers and URLs to information on SUN hardware, do they use open
firmware, what does the prom include, where would I go to find out about
the sparc architecture and the initial processor target that this
port is using.  Where would one go to get information on the board?
etc..

---------
Christopher R. Bowman
crb@ChrisBowman.com