Date:      Mon, 24 Jul 1995 00:10:46 -0700
From:      Joe McGuckin <joe@via.net>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Headless/keyboardless booting...

Can freebsd boot without a keyboard or video card? Can a
serial port be configured as the console port for diagnostic
and boot messages? I'd like to put a 486 in a closet & not
waste a keyboard and video card/monitor. I'd like the option
of plugging in a noteboot to the serial port if it ever developed
problems that couldn't be fixed over a telnet connection.

I'm looking for similar functionality that I get with a headless
Sun workstation.

-p