Date:      Tue, 14 Jan 2003 10:20:54 -0200
From:      "Daniel C. Sobral" <dcs@tcoip.com.br>
To:        Chuck McCrobie <mccrobie2000@yahoo.com>
Cc:        freebsd-current@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Linux Emulation Panic

Chuck McCrobie wrote:

> Thank you.  That was it.  Booted from
> /boot/cvsup/kernel, loaded modules from
> /boot/kernel/*.  Now, if I can just figure out
> "read-conf" and friends in loader.
>
> It seems I have to manually:
>
> 	loader> unload
> 	loader> set kernel=cvsup
> 	loader> set kernelname=/boot/cvsup/kernel
> 	loader> set module_path=/boot/cvsup
> 	loader> boot

Try "boot-conf cvsup".

At one time, I was deciding whether modify boot or not to do this, and
end up deciding against it for compatibility reasons. I have been
repenting of it ever since.

> I want to have two different kernels - one I know
> works (older -current) and the latest cvsup of
> -current.
>
> Then, I would like to:
>
> loader> "some-command-to-load-alternate-configuration"
>
> I suppose that's read-conf, but that doesn't seem to
> like me :(
>
> I have: /boot/cvsup.conf as:
>
> 	unload
> 	kernel=cvsup
> 	kernelname=/boot/cvsup/kernel
> 	module_path=/boot/cvsup
>
> then I use:
>
> 	loader> read-conf cvsup.conf
>
> but the changes don't take effect.  Oh well, maybe
> some more experimentation later...
>
> Thanks,
>
> Chuck McCrobie
>

> --- Kenneth Culver  wrote:
>
> >What exactly were you running? I use linux emulation
> >on -CURRENT right now
> >for mozilla and a few other packages, and havn't had
> >any panics... you
> >might have your kernel modules out of sync with your
> >kernel.
> >
> >Ken
> >
> >On Mon, 13 Jan 2003, Chuck McCrobie wrote:
> >

> >>Two panics produced when using Linux emulation on

> >>machine CVSUP'ed two hours ago.  Both very easy to
> >>produce.  Am I the only one running Linux
> >
> >emulation on
> >
> >> -current?  Or is something wacked-ifed with this
> >>machine?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Chuck McCrobie
> >>mccrobie2000@yahoo.com

Daniel C. Sobral                   (8-DCS)
Gerencia de Operacoes
Divisao de Comunicacao de Dados
Coordenacao de Seguranca
TCO
Fones: 55-61-313-7654/Cel: 55-61-9618-0904
E-mail: Daniel.Capo@tco.net.br
         Daniel.Sobral@tcoip.com.br
         dcs@tcoip.com.br

Outros:
	dcs@newsguy.com
	dcs@freebsd.org
	capo@notorious.bsdconspiracy.net

patent:
	A method of publicizing inventions so others can copy them.