Date:      Thu, 31 Jul 1997 00:21:02 -0500 (CDT)
From:      NoHackMe! <johnnyu@accessus.net>
To:        security@freebsd.org
Subject:   It's time to end this thread.

Dear subscribers,

	I am tired of this arrogant attitude that some of the more vocal
members have towards Vince. I am a co-admin at Gaianet. As he has stated
before we are remote and voluntary. So your rantings and ravings
about how we should know this and that are pointless. Vince reached out
for help, not out of some lack of initiative, but becuase this list is a
resource and as such he was right in posting to it for help.
Unfortunately, save a few posts, he was given more attitude and flames
than help. As you should all know it is impossible to protect your self
from every type of hack, mainly because there are new ones appearing all
the time. We subscribe to Bugtraq and try to keep up with the "exploit
kiddies" but save that we aren't security experts as some of you
tout yourselves to be. If this seems inflamatory good. You can take your
"rtfm" and "you should have investigated before posting" and stick it
where the sun doesn't shine. In the future if you have nothing to offer
aside from those snide "I know more than you, but you should read the
manual or spend 10 days trying to figure out how it happened before
posting to this list" don't even bother posting.

John

P.S.
These are my opinions and mine alone.