Date:      Wed, 14 Mar 2012 16:57:03 +0100
From:      Bernhard Froehlich <decke@bluelife.at>
To:        grarpamp <grarpamp@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: VirtualBox missing from pkg FTP

On 14.03.2012 07:20, grarpamp wrote:
> Hey all. Just noting that VirtualBox has gone
> missing from the stable dirs other than
> packages-9-stable. There are still some various
> VBox components and versions present in the
> various -stable and -release FTP dirs. But in
> general, it seems something broke?
>
> Besides being outdated itself (3.2.12 vs. 4.1.10, or
> even 4.0.16 or 3.2.14)...
> I'm hesitant to use say the 8.2-release (3.2.12) since
> all my pkgs are 8-stable, and looking its release
> pkgdeps, it looks like it might bring in a lot of older
> packages from back then (libs and things)?

I honestly don't know what you are complaining about.

Is it that 4.1.10 was released less than 24h ago and the ports
are not updated yet? Sorry for that, I was traveling yesterday
so I was unable to have a look at it yet.

Is it because 4.1.8 packages for 8-stable are not available?
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8-stable/emulators/
ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-8-stable/emulators/

Is it because the packages are not identical to the current ports?
The binary packages are currently generated on a low frequency
so it will take a few weeks until they are updated.

--
Bernhard Fröhlich
http://www.bluelife.at/