Date:      Sat, 17 Mar 2012 04:43:21 GMT
From:      dougb@FreeBSD.org
To:        gab@n.email.ne.jp, dougb@FreeBSD.org, freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   Re: conf/166126: [patch] allow the PID file of rc.d/bsnmpd to be overridden

Synopsis: [patch] allow the PID file of rc.d/bsnmpd to be overridden

State-Changed-From-To: open->analyzed
State-Changed-By: dougb
State-Changed-When: Sat Mar 17 04:41:22 UTC 2012
State-Changed-Why:

I'm sorry, it's not clear to me what problem you're trying to solve.
Are there situations where multiple services can be started that are
all trying to use the same pidfile?

If that's the case, and one service is from ports, and the other is from
the base, then it's the ports rc.d script that should change.

If you can provide more information I'll look into this more closely.

Doug