Date:      Mon, 29 Jun 98 15:41:34 -0700
From:      "Chris G. Demetriou" <cgd@pa.dec.com>
To:        Thomas Valentino Crimi <tcrimi+@andrew.cmu.edu>
Cc:        freebsd-alpha@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: While we're at it...

>   I've been having some fun compiling FreeBSD ports on a mostly NetBSD
> system and ran into a problem compiling xemacs20, from what I see from
> NetBSD they've never made a package of it (or any other alpha ports) so
> I was wondering if anyone has succeeded.  Otherwise, I'm going to see
> what I can do as foreboding as it looks.

If you look through the NetBSD mailing list archives, you'll find the
(obvious) solution to your problem.

I don't know what, exactly, you mean by:

"they've never made a package of it (or any other alpha ports)"

but one obvious meaning i can get from it just doesn't make _sense_,
and the other is incorrect speculation.

cgd