Date:      Fri, 24 Jan 2003 16:27:07 +0200
From:      "Ari Suutari" <ari.suutari@syncrontech.com>
To:        "Gary Jennejohn" <garyj@jennejohn.org>
Cc:        "G Hasse" <gh@raditex.se>, <freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: Problem with "no bufferspace" - solution

Hi,

> The LCP is most probably still in STATE_INITIAL since no data were ever
> exchanged with the other end.
>
> I recommend  something like this (this is not a diff! I just added code
> here):

    I did some reading on PPP RFC (1661). The correct way for
    physical layer to signal that it is no longer able to carry packet
    is to use Down event. So I think that my original code was correct.
    The problem is in sppp layer, which works otherwise ok
    but prints out extraneous message.

    The PPP RFC doesn't say that it is legal to receive
    Down event when LCP is in starting state but says
    elsewhere that Down is the event to use by physical layer...

        Ari S.