Date:      Thu, 18 Sep 1997 08:31:13 -0700
From:      "Jordan K. Hubbard" <jkh@time.cdrom.com>
To:        nsj@ncsu.edu
Cc:        dg@root.com, www@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: gallery link

> A good question, actually.  I'm quite confident that we wouldn't need anyone'
> permission to display a link to a site (although it's a nice thing to have),
> but I'm not nearly as confident on why we wouldn't need it.  Ideas?  I'd sure
> hate to have to confirm each one of these sites (beyond the simple "does it
> exist and can I tell what OS it runs?" confirmation check I do now). =(

Well, if someone adds themselves then the usual assumption is that
they knew what they were doing.  The only thing I've tried to avoid is
adding links on behalf of someone else (even when strongly urged to do
so by some 3rd party who's "really sure they wouldn't mind, honest!")
since it can lead to situations just like this one.  Otherwise, I
think we can realistically do no more.

					Jordan