Date:      Wed, 1 May 2002 09:17:11 +0200
From:      Ernst de Haan <ernsth@nl.euro.net>
To:        Greg Lewis <glewis@eyesbeyond.com>, Jeroen Ruigrok/asmodai <asmodai@wxs.nl>
Cc:        java@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Build and questions [Debugging info, hence long]

Hi Greg,

> > got jdk1.3.1 to build [again] without much problems on STABLE.
> > I then became daring and used my recently installed native jdk to
> > bootstrap the native jdk build.
> > And it built all the way. :)
> > [Not that it gained me anything but being able, hopefully, to bootstrap
> > any subsequent port changes without need for the linux-jdk13.]
>
> Good idea.  I'd been planning this but I've just added a Makefile variable
> to allow this and will hopefully commit it following testing and approval.

You should be able to use:

   USE_JAVA=  1.3+

but this will attempt to use the native 1.3.1 if there is no JDK 1.3.x
installed. I will patch bsd.java.mk so it will check that
${PKGCATEGORY}/${PORTNAME} does not equal ${_JAVA_PORT_FREEBSD_1_3}. If it
does, then the native JDK will be excluded as an option.

What do you think?

Regards,

Ernst

--
Ernst de Haan
EuroNet Internet B.V.

    "Come to me all who are weary and burdened
        and I will give you rest" -- Jesus Christ