Date:      Thu, 28 Apr 2011 08:20:28 -0700
From:      David Wolfskill <david@catwhisker.org>
To:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: netpbm-10.35.80_2

--JQ29orswtRjjfiJM

On Thu, Apr 28, 2011 at 10:49:12AM -0400, Jerry wrote:
> The "netpbm-10.35.80_2" port won't build. There is a notation that the
> previous version has to be removed first. I saw something here a few
> days ago regarding that problem. Is the recommended method to do a
> "make deinstall && make reinstall" to get the updated port installed? I
> know that portupgrade chocks on the port if a previous version is
> installed.

As (I) documented in ports/156577, what worked for me was:

	pkg_delete -f netpbm-10.26.64_4
	portmaster graphics/netpbm

I subsequently heard from one person who reported that this did not work
for him.

For convenince: <http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=3D156577>.

Peace,
david
--=20
Depriving a girl or boy of an opportunity for education is evil.

--JQ29orswtRjjfiJM

--JQ29orswtRjjfiJM--