Date:      Fri, 20 Jul 2012 21:36:53 +0300
From:      "Reko Turja" <reko.turja@liukuma.net>
To:        <freebsd-ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: How to remove erroneous deps from pkgng

> Its use is not limited to Gnome, as you can see it's used in the build
> process of databases/sqlite3 and there are many other ports that have
> nothing to do with Gnome that use it the same way. The only thing that
> is wrong with it is that ends up being a run time dependency of
> sqlite3 instead of being only a build time dependency. Maybe this
> could be changed, anyone know if it's possible?

Actually, sqlite3 builds and works quite fine with pkg-config dependency
removed from makefile. So it's kinda silly to pull it in by force - of
course it's not pkgng problem, but a problem in the port itself.

Just hoping that in pkgng there would be some "Yes I might shoot myself in
foot, but sod it" -options.

On the other hand, based on experience with 2 boxes running
pkgng+portupgrade experimentally for some days pkgng looks like pretty good
backend. Just still with some minor nits.

-Reko