Date:      Thu, 17 Jul 2003 15:37:55 -0500
From:      Jim Bryant <jbryant@democrats.com>
To:        FreeBSD-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   port upgrading problems....

I am having a problem building the upgraded versions of XF86-4 and KDE

The problem is that it sees my XF86-4.2.x files and says that 4.3.x is
already installed.

Same for the KDE-3.1.2 upgrade from KDE-3.0.x

How can I force these builds to proceed, while retaining my current
versions at least until I'm ready to install the new versions after they
are built?

Apparently, the ports makefiles are not checking version numbers, but
only the existance of files that seem to be common between versions.

Jim

--
   "Religious fundamentalism is the biggest threat to international security that exists today."
			  United Nations Secretary General B.B.Ghali, 1995