Date:      Sun, 19 Oct 2003 13:47:42 -0400
From:      Alden Louis-Pierre <alden.pierre@verizon.net>
To:        Graham Lillico <grez@grumpygoblin.com>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: CVSup supfile<src-all> question

Graham Lillico wrote:

>On Sat, Oct 18, 2003 at 08:04:54PM -0400, Alden Louis-Pierre wrote:
>

>>   So running my sample CVSup supfile would not patch my system for the
>>security advisories from SA-03:08 - SA-0318(as of 10/19/03)?  I'm under
>>the impression this supfile would take care of security advisories,
>>being that I'm updating the /usr directory.  For everything to take in
>>effect I must build and install my kernel as well?  I'm looking through
>>the FreeBSD Handbook and I don't
>>see this extra step.
>>
>>Thank You
>>Alden Louis-Pierre
>>

>If you are wanting to do binary updates then "FreeBSD Update" might be what
>your looking for. It can be found at http://www.daemonology.net/freebsd-update/
>
>Grez..

    Thanks everyone for your help.  I manage to do a source upgrade.  I
did not know if it would be this involved.  Updating the
source was simple, but a little tedious.  I never thought I would be
compiling so many different things, which made me a little
hesitate at first.

    Graham, thank for the info on the binary update.  This is exactly
the kind of tool I wanted.  For a second there I thought my supfile
would do a binary update.

Thank You
Alden Louis-Pierre